Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Greetings

Since I'm off this weekend I've been working on a homemade desk organizer and writing my New Year's correspondence. This morning I have the base of the organizer almost finished and only three letters written because this here interwebz holds me captive!

There's always shiny bling calling to me from the web. Whether it's a newly found blog (this one makes me a bit misty-eyed), reading about or preparing for a writing project that's about to begin, or email from a friend I've missed, it seems distraction is usually afoot and I often fail at ignoring said distraction.

To help combat that on this, a rare-for-me weekend off, I've tried to ignore my computer. I've done fairly well but this morning I want to share links for a few of my favorite New Year's letters and greetings. These aren't things I've sent or received but are just pretties that make me smile.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

A 1908 Austrian New Year's postcard

A Soldier's Illustrated New Year's Greeting - sent in 1917, this letter shows the artistic talent of a solder of World War I.

Postcard from the Past

Postcard from the Road - A very pretty vintage French New Year's postcard shared by Tara Bradford.

Vintage New Year's postcards from Russia... with love, of course!

Another vintage French postcard

For so many, 2012 has been a difficult year. The economy, job losses, and national tragedies break our hearts but we keep on keepin' on. Human beings are a very resilient bunch and we do what we can to not just manage but overcome and make our way to the top of the heap, looking forward to the good things a new year might bestow upon us.

My wish for all of you is that 2013 be a marvelous year that brings plenty of smiles, a lot of laughter, as little sadness as possible, and a very full mailbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment