Monday, December 17, 2012

It's been a lovely mail day!

I finally got my vehicle and keys back this afternoon and the first thing I did was make a run to the post office. I dropped off some outgoing letters and was thrilled to find in my box a Secret Santa gift of the "Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving"! This book is as much for my mother as it is for me and receiving it made my day! Mom and I will have a great time going through it and will use what we learn to help us make good use of the pressure canner I recently bought her.

I beat feet back home and eagerly checked my box where I found a card and stickers from a friend in Australia. She sends the cutest little things and I love to put one of her stickers on letters and envelopes I send to others. The image on the front of the card is a photograph taken by the very talented Australian, Trevor Farrell.


I sent her a card and note a few days ago. With Christmas around the corner, I'm not sure how fast or slow the mail to that part of the world is but trust she'll get it soon.

I hope your mail box was full of goodness today!

No comments:

Post a Comment