Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas with my family

Yesterday was our family's get together. I had to be at work at 4 so I didn't get to spend much time with them but I enjoyed seeing my mother and stepdad, sisters, and a nephew and his wife. My sons and daughter in law didn't make it in until after I had to leave for work so I won't see them until tonight after I get off work. We'll have a few hours together this evening and tomorrow morning before they head back home and I head off to a very long Christmas Eve shift.

We had a delicious dinner of prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed asparagus, green beans, salad, and rolls. There was dessert of pecan pie but I had to skedaddle for work so I missed that. Maybe I can get my sons to bring me a slice when they visit this evening.

Mom insisted that we open gifts before I left for work and wow, my family outdid themselves on mine. I generally don't even participate in the gift giving so maybe that's why. I got two sets of note cards, some nice writing paper, a passel of pens, a beautiful hair clip, rollers (yes, I still use the old fashioned foam curlers at times), a makeup bag, a digital camera bag that I use for my insulin pump, a Starbucks gift card, and "Marley and Me", for those times when a girl just needs a good old fashioned cry. ;-)

I also opened the rest of my Secret Santa gifts and got an emergency fire starter, a portable knife/fork/spoon assembly, another lovely hair clip, and a case of quilted 4 ounce canning jars! Mom really liked that last gift. We can't have enough canning jars and they're just the right size for a household of two who eat like birds and another household of one.


My work shift was nice but very, very busy and today and tomorrow will most likely be replays. 

Have a lovely holiday, readers, and enjoy your friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment