Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday postal miscellaneous

When I got off work today, the roads were a bit too slick for the trip to the post office so I just came home. In my home box, there was one piece of mail; junk from an insurance company. I opened it to see if any of it was useful to me and added the enclosed return envelope to my growing stash of pattern envelopes.

Other than that, it's been a very slow day so I've perused the web looking for stories and pictures of vintage mail what have you. I found this very short blurb and photo from a 1935 newspaper.


I think that's one of the most creative uses I've heard of for a toy train!

The January letter requests for More Love Letters have been posted. They need to be postmarked by January 25th so I need to get started on those. 

And check out this letter a blogger got from Will Smith... five years after the blogger wrote Will asking for an autograph! Better late than never. ;)

LetterMo starts in 16 days and I'm ready! Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment