Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Incoming for January 30th

After work today I went to the post office. I thought about asking if they have the new Sealed With Love stamp but the line was very long so I just checked my box. There were seven letters waiting for me, five from LetterMo participants. A woman about my age was checking a box near mine and saw all the letters I pulled out and said, "Wow, I can't tell you the last time I got one letter, much less a box full!" I told her about LetterMo and some of the letter writing blogs I read and finally whipped out a page from my notepad and wrote URLs and my email address on it for her. She was overjoyed at the possibility of writing and receiving letters and I practically skipped out to my vehicle!

I'm not sure if I'll start replies tonight but if not tonight, then tomorrow. Yesterday I mailed five letters but still have a few more to write to folks from whom I've recently received. I haven't forgotten! Some of the outgoing will most likely be sent on the first so I can count them for LetterMo. Yeah, I'm taking advantage of that.


But for now, here's today's incoming along with my cup of Colombian from a pour-over. Now that I've had some coffee I feel refreshed and think I'll do a bit of letter writing.

I hope your mail day was lovely!

9 comments:

  1. You're a letter writing pied piper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL T! Now I have a mental image of myself skipping along and tossing letters about while other folks dance behind me. I wish I could draw! I'd create that and put it on this blog. ;)

      Delete
  2. The mail gods are frowning on me right now. Haven't had a letter or postcard in a couple of weeks. But I am hoping once LetterMo kicks off, my mailbox will get happy again. Your mail haul looks scribbilicious. (Is that a word? It is now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randall, I'm not too fond of slow mail times, myself! Hopefully your mail box will be overflowing very soon. And I don't know if scribbilicious is a word but I'm so using it. :)

      May those mail gods smile on you very soon!

      Delete
  3. I love when I open my box and there's a pile of letters. I go to the post office every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JarieLyn, I love those days, too! If my PO wasn't a bit out of my way I'd go daily but since it is and I try to go only when I'm already fairly close to it, I generally go twice a week and three times in a good week. ;-) I really don't mind doing it that way as it helps to give me that full box. Before today, Friday was the last time I checked it so by the time I got there today, four mail days had passed. Yeehaw for mailboxes full of letters, regardless of how they get that way!

      Delete
  4. I'm very happy to see that my Mothers letter reached you!
    I knew she was writing to a lady in the USA called Denise and a few days ago I came across your blog!
    (She sent the Tatty Teddy letter by the way! :)
    I'll let her know it arrived safely.
    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, please do let her know it arrived safely. :) I loved her letter and will send off my reply to her tomorrow, most likely, if I can get to the PO in time. If not tomorrow then Monday!

      Delete
  5. That's a great looking stack of mail!

    ReplyDelete